I really do not want to digress on what my blog is all about and that is being info-oriented blog and not a blog that constantly talks about myself. My friends know me to be “unfriendly” in social media for I seldom engage in a discussion, not that I am trying to be anti-social but because I don’t think the things I’m gonna say is useful or helpful.
I also do not follow trends, like changing profile pics for a cause, answering tagged questions, contribute to trending topics, etc., but I’ll be making this exception. This is just too good to not be able to share my own answers to the questions and just because I love anything related with books. So here we go, my 50 answers to the 50 bookish questions:
1. What was the last book you read?
Star Wars: The Original Trilogy Stories based on the story and screenplay of George Lucas. Although I have doubts whether this is admissible, so, I’ll go with The Martian by Andy Weir.
2. Was it a good one?
It was excellent.
3. What made it good?
Mars. Cast away. Triumphant rescue. Wittingly funny. Emotional. How could it possibly go wrong?
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
5. How often do you read?
Not as often as I used to, but I am trying to really find time to read.
6. Do you like to read?
7.What was the last bad book you read?
It wasn’t really a bad book, it wasn’t just my genre. The Maze Runner by James Dashner.
8. What made you dislike it?
I an not just really into YA dystopian novel.
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
I really do but I know I can’t be. Whenever I read books, stories or even blog entries of other bloggers, I realize how people are really better in writing than me and that makes me accept the fact that’ll never be a writer.
10. Has any book every influenced you greatly?
Lots of. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.
11. Do you read fan fiction?
12. Do you write fan fiction?
13. What’s your favorite book?
Oh my, that’s a really tough question, why don’t I just give you my top ten, instead? Here it is: My Top Ten
14. What’s your least favorite book?
The Maze Runner.
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
Physical books, I could smell it!
16. When did you learn to read?
I don’t remember, but I am sure when I was in kindergarten I already know how to read.
17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
Noli Me Tangere (Touch Me Not) by Jose Rizal.
18. What is your favorite book series?
Harry Potter. A Song of Ice and Fire. Lord of the Rings.
19. Who is your favorite author?
So many, but one in particular, John Grisham.
20. What is your favorite genre?
Legal thriller with courtroom drama.
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Atticus Finch. I just want to be like him.
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Yes, to Hogwarts! or to Westeros!
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. I wonder what’s happened with Holden Caulfield, are his views in life still the same as he ages?
24. Which book do you wish DIDN’T have a sequel?
I haven’t read “Go Set A Watchmen” so I’ll hold the answer for this for a little while.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
It really depends on how long is the book and my schedule. There are books I finished in one sitting and there are some that took me months to finish.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
It’s okay as long as I read the book first.
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
The Book Thief. I believed that the movie didn’t do the book any justice.
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
The Martian. As a matter of fact, the movie is as good as the book. And Gone Girl, too.
29. Do you read newspapers?
30: Do you read magazines?
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
Both are fine with me.
32. Do you read while in bed?
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
Yes, I do.
34. Do you read while in the car?
In a public transport, yes to kill time.
35. Do you read while in the bath?
36. Are you a fast reader?
Guess so, or not.
37. Are you a slow reader?
I do not know.
38. Where is your favorite place to read?
In the bedroom, on my bed.
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
40.Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
If that’s possible that’ll be good, if not it is still okay.
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
42. What book is next on your list to read?
Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee and The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom.
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
I don’t remember.
44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?
Uhmm, didn’t really read children’s book.
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
George R. R. Martin. I’ll ask him what everyone has been asking for a long time. “When is The Winds of Winter coming out?”
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
John Grisham or Khaled Hosseini.
47.What book have you reread the most?
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
Books that are over 50 years and that are still relevant nowadays.
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
To Kill a Mockingbird and Hosseini’s books for better understanding of the world.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
Any book that insults the intelligence of a student.