There is no Consulate or Embassy of the United States of America in Macau that, all applying for US Visa have to go Hong Kong. The Consulate General of the United States of America in Hong Kong is one of the busiest establishments in the city catering to at least a hundred people a day for Visa application alone. It may seem a hassle for people coming from Macau to go to Hong Kong, but, there seemed to be no other option.
The Consulate General of USA is located nearby one of the most popular tourist spots in Hong Kong, The Peak. Being in the vicinity of this famous place makes the consulate very accessible and easy to find. A mere 7-minute walk from the nearest MTR (Mass Transit Railway) is all it takes to reach it. There are different mode of transport to get to the Consulate, namely; taxi, public bus, tram, and MTR. Taking the MTR has proven to be the most convenient (cheaper than taxi) mode of transportation no matter where you are in Hong Kong.
The Consulate General of the United States of America
Address: 26 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong
Contact Information: (852) 2523-9011
Fax: (852) 2845-1598
Operation Hours: Monday – Friday: 830am to 1230pm and 130pm to 530pm
How to Get to the Consulate General of the United States of America in Hong Kong?
It is actually very easy to find, but, just in case you still need help with directions, here is the most comprehensive direction to the establishment out there.
1. Take MTR: I will recommend you taking the MTR for being the most convenient. If you are coming from Macau, take the ferry to HK-Macau Ferry Terminal in Sheung Wan. From Sheung Wan, take the MTR to Central Station (Island Line) which is one station away. Here is a sample map of HK MTR for reference:
2. Take Exit J2 to Chater Garden
3. Walk across the Chater Garden towards the magnificent building of Bank of China
4. Cross the Pedestrian towards Garden Road (Simply follow signs going to Peak Tram)
5. You’ll be passing by the Cheung Kong Center, St. John’s Cathedral, and Government Building (Department of Justice)
6. Across the street is The Peak Tram entry
7. Few steps from the Government Building is your final destination, the Consulate General of the USA.
Here’s a google map shot of the place:
I wouldn’t even say good luck finding the place because it is very easy. Let me just say good luck to whatever purpose you have at the Consulate General.