Traveling is one thing I know I can do and would love to do for the rest of my life. Many have been said about the benefits of traveling, what traveling can do to your mind and character, but nobody can eloquently describe the feeling when preparing to travel, when you are traveling and after you travel. Whether it is the excitement, then amazement and then nostalgia, no one can really put into words the joy that traveling can bring us.
Like right now, I am kinda feeling nostalgic so I looked on our pictures of our trip to Malaysia and Singapore, and I can see from our faces and smile that we really did have a great time. That is why, I am sharing to you now our itinerary on our Malaysia-Singapore Tour.
We were five people, myself and my wife, plus our couple-friend and another male friend. My wife and I were from the Philippines heading to Malaysia, while our friends had originated from Macau. You see, that was our first time in the city that’s why it was indispensable to do research and to make an itinerary so we wouldn’t get lost. Although there are joys on being lost in an unfamiliar place especially if you are with friends, but our time was very limited; only two nights in Malaysia and two nights and three days in Singapore, so we had to be ready and we needed to prepare an itinerary.
17:50 Expected time of arrival in Kuala Lumpur from the Philippines.
* If you could take an earlier flight, that would be much better. We checked-in very late, one whole day was actually wasted. For our hotel accommodation, we chose to stay in Pacific Regency, which was nice, big and very affordable hotel.
Kuala Lumpur Airport — Pacific Regency Hotel Suites (hotel check-in)
19:00 Kuala Lumpur International Airport to KL Sentral
a.) By bus: Bus Station KLIA, Ground Floor, Block C. RM10. 1 hr (if no traffic)
b.) By ERL Train (KLIA Express): Look for purple “The ERL” counters/automatic ticket machines. (near luggage claim). RM35. 28 minutes
19:45 KL Sentral to Pacific Regency Hotel Suites (just opposite KL Tower)
a.) Take LRT (Red Line) to Dang Wangi Station. RM2. 11 minutes or
b.) Take Monorail (Green Line) to Bukit Nanas Station. RM2.10. 10 minutes
20:30 Dang Wangi Station or Bukit Nanas Station
a.) Dang Wangi Station- 15-min walk to the hotel or
b.) Bukit Nanas Station- 11-min walk
21:00 Hotel Check-In
23:00 Petronas Tower
a.) By foot: 17 minutes or
b.) By taxi: RM10. 10 minutes
Party! Party! Look for a bar around Petronas Tower Area
LRT or Monorail is only until 12midnight.
* The hotel was in close proximity to Petronas, and along the way you will see quite a number of bars, food chain, restaurants and convenience stores. We just had few drinks and call it a night at around 1 to 2 am to get ready for the following the day.
Batu Caves – Genting Highlands – Merdeka Square – Kuala Lumpur
* Batu Caves is optional depending on what time you can get up and whether you think you can still squeeze it in your itinerary. We ended up not going to Batu Caves and just went directly to Genting Highlands. We quite regretted it, so if you have time, go and check it out. Just beware of the monkeys stealing your bags. 🙂
a.) KTM Komuter from KL Sentral to Batu Caves (Sentul-Port Klang),(brown line). RM4.80. 272 steps.
10:00 Genting Highlands
a.) Take LRT from Dang Wangi Station to Gombak Station (red line). From Gombak Putra Station take the bus to genting highlands and then take the skyway (cable car). 20 minutes. RM 9.40
* You can take the package of RM 60 that includes the transportation and indoor park entrance or lunch buffet. And bring jacket it gets cold in Genting Highlands.
18:00 Back to Kuala Lumpur
19:00 Merdeka Square
a.) 5 minutes from Masjid Jamek LRT Station (yellow line).
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Singapore
07:00 Breakfast and Hotel check-out
08:00 Off to Singapore
a.) From the hotel go to Dang Wangi LRT Station, take the LRT and alight at KL Sentral Station (red line) then transfer to train (blue line) going to Bandar Tasik Selatan Station. From Bandar Tasik Selatan Station walk to TBS (Terminal Bersepadu Selatan) Station where you will take the bus off to Singapore. 4-min-walk. RM9
Buses to Singapore (Beach Road Area) and their corresponding time and fare.
* Only three of us took the bus to Singapore while the other two took the plane.
Or to avoid any hassles, you may book your tickets in advance. For our Southeast Asian travels, we always rely on 12Go Asia for any transportation. You may start booking your tickets right here: From Kuala Lumpur to Singapore
14:30 Expected Time of Arrival at Singapore
Beach Road, Singapore to Marina Bay Sands
a.) Take MTR from Bugis Station (green line, east west line) to Raffles Place Station then transfer to red line (north south line) going to Marina Bay Sands.
* MRT operation hours: 05:30 to 12mn, SGD0.80 to SGD1.80
15:00 Marina Bay Sands
19:00 Orchard Road
a.) From Marina Bay Station (red line), same MTR line, going to Orchard Station
* We ended up staying at Marina Bay Sands longer than expected, we weren’t able to go to Orchard Road as we were mesmerized by the amazing view from the infinity pool of Marina Bay Sands. The pool was incredible and the view was spectacular. We stayed at Marina Bay for only one night as we wanted to try backpacking for our second night.
Universal Studios – Sentosa Island – Singapore Flyer
08:30 Call time. Breakfast. Hotel Check-out. Luggage Storage.
09:30 Universal Studios
Marina Bay to Universal Studios
a.) From MRT Marina Bay Station (red line) go to Raffles Place St., then transfer to connecting Raffles Place St. (green line) and alight at Outram Park Station, then transfer to (purple line) still on Outram Park St. to Harbour Front Station. SGD4.
From Harbour Front Station you can:
a.) Take the Sentosa Express Line (blue line) at the level 3 of Vivo City,
b.) Or take a cable car from Harbor Front MTR, take exit b (harbor front centre), then follow directional signs leading to Singapore Cable Car St. at Harbour Front Tower II. SGD26.
c.) Or by foot through the Sentosa Boardwalk. SGD1
10:00 Universal Studios, SGD74
18:00 Getting Around Sentosa
Merlion, Resorts World, Palawan, Dinner
* After one whole day in Universal Studios, we headed back to the MTR Station in Harbour Front and took a taxi that took us to Merlion.
20:00 Get Back to Marina Bay to claim the luggage then head to Green Kiwi Backpacker Hotel.
a.) Take the MRT red line from marina bay to Dhoby Ghaut St. then transfer to purple line and alight at Boon Keng Station
b.) Or from Marina bay to raffles place st. transfer to green line to Lavander Station.
* From the MRT flatform turn left to “Exit B”, then at the top of the escalator turn left facing the road and then turn left along the road, cross Horne Road, cross Lavender St at the traffic lights, to Tai Pei Buddhist centre and turn left. It’s an 8-min walk along Lavender St., you will pass Hock Seng and Pek Chuan buildings, cross Kallang Bahru street, and pass the Esso petrol station.
* Try backpacking for experience and you will be saving a lot. You can go to Agoda or Hotel.com to look for a hostel, the hostel will always have instructions on how to find the place.
21:30 Singapore Flyer
a.) From Green Kiwi Hotel, go to Boon Keng Station (purple line), then alight at Dhoby Ghaut Station and transfer to yellow line, alight at Promenade Station. At Promenade St. take exit A, out of the station, you will see a junction on the left. Cross the junction and take on Temasek Avenue. On the next junction, you should see the flyer on your left. 10 minutes from Promenade Station. SGD29.50
* Singapore Flyer is open until 10:30 pm (last entry).
23:00 Enjoy Singapore at Night
Singapore to Macau
08:00 Call time. Breakfast. Check-out
09:30 Off to Changi Airport Singapore
a.) From the hostel, go MRT Lavander Station and take MRT straight to Tana Merah Station then transfer to Changi Aiport Express. 30 minutes. SGD2
12:35 Changi Airport to Macau (our flight back to reality).
* You can decide when to go shopping on your itinerary, depending on your scheduled flight to your destination. We were actually supposed to fly back in the evening but the airline adjusted the schedule earlier, that was a bummer, but nevertheless, we had so much fun on that little time.
If you are planning your tour make sure to have enough time, but most importantly have a good time and enjoy!
You can use HotelsCombine to search for the most affordable hotels in Singapore or Malaysia. Start your search below!
Pin this for later!
Young OFW is an affiliate of HotelsCombine and 12Go Asia.